The below information on Aloxi has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Aloxi is used to prevent nausea and vomiting that happens:
- right away with certain anti-cancer medicines (chemotherapy).
- later after taking certain anti-cancer medicines
Aloxi is not used to treat the nausea and vomiting you may already have. Aloxi has not been studied in children under 18 years of age.
Precautions for Aloxi
- If you are allergic to other medicines like Aloxi, such as ondansetron (Zofran®), dolasetron (Anzemet®), or granisetron (Kytril®), you are more likely to have an allergic reaction with Aloxi.
- Aloxi may affect your heartbeat. This may cause serious problems, especially in people who:
- already have heartbeat problems or irregular heartbeat (especially a condition called QT prolongation)
- are taking medicine to control a heartbeat problem
- are taking medicines called diuretics ("water pills")
- have low levels of potassium and magnesium in their blood
Side Effects of Aloxi
Some common side effects with Aloxi include:
- stomach area pain
- trouble sleeping
Who Should Not Take Aloxi
Do not take Aloxi if you are allergic to Aloxi or any of its ingredients.
Recent Forum Posts on Aloxi
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.