Ambien and Ambien CR
The below information on Ambien and Ambien CR has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|Brand Name:||Ambien and Ambien CR|
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Sanofi Aventis US
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
About Ambien and Ambien CR
Ambien is used for:
Short-term treatment of insomnia (difficulty falling or staying asleep).
Ambien is a sedative-hypnotic, or sleep medicine. It works by helping to increase certain natural chemicals in the brain that cause sleep.
Side Effects of Ambien and Ambien CR
Possible side effects of Ambien :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Daytime drowsiness or "heavily sedated" feeling;
- feeling uncoordinated;
- memory loss.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- aggressive behavior;
- loss of personal identity;
- pounding in the chest;
- strange behavior;
- suicidal thoughts;
- worsening of depression.
Who Should Not Take Ambien and Ambien CR
Do NOT use Ambien if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Ambien
- you are taking sodium oxybate (also known as GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Interactions with Ambien and Ambien CR
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Ambien . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir) or sodium oxybate (GHB) because they may increase the risk of Ambien's side effects
Recent Forum Posts on Ambien and Ambien CR
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.