The below information on Amitiza has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Amitiza is used to treat chronic constipation due to unknown medical reasons in adults.
Amitiza has not been studied in patients with liver or kidney problems.
Amitiza has not been studied in children.
Side Effects of Amitiza
- Nausea. Nausea may be decreased by taking Amitiza with food.
- Diarrhea. Diarrhea may occur when taking Amitiza. Tell your healthcare professional if you have severe diarrhea when taking Amitiza.
- Some common side effects that may occur with Amitiza include:
- stomach feels full and tight (bloated)
- stomach area (abdominal) pain
Who Should Not Take Amitiza
You should not take Amitiza if you:
- have or had a blockage in the stomach or intestinal area. Your healthcare professional should examine you if you have symptoms of a stomach or intestinal blockage.
- are allergic to Amitiza or to any of the ingredients in Amitiza
Interactions with Amitiza
Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show your healthcare professional.
Recent Forum Posts on Amitiza
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.