The below information on Avodart has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Avodart is used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate to:
- improve symptoms
- reduce the risk of acute urinary retention (a complete blockage of urine flow)
- reduce the risk of the need for BPH-related surgery
Precautions for Avodart
Men taking Avodart should not donate blood until at least 6 months after their last dose to prevent pregnant women from receiving Avodart through a blood donation.
Side Effects of Avodart
The most common side effects are:
- impotence (trouble getting or keeping an erection)
- a decrease in libido (sex drive)
- breast enlargement and tenderness (gynecomastia)
- a decrease in the amount of semen released during sex
Who Should Not Take Avodart
Dutasteride is for men only. Women and children should never take Avodart.
You should not take Avodart if you are allergic to any of its ingredients or are allergic to other 5α-reductase inhibitors.
Recent Forum Posts on Avodart
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.