The below information on Campath has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Campath is a type of medicine called a monoclonal antibody. It is used to treat B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL) in patients who have failed treatment with certain other cancer medicines. It is not known if Campath improves symptoms in patients with B-CLL or if it helps them live longer.
Campath is not approved to treat Multiple Sclerosis.
Side Effects of Campath
- Infusion-related side effects. Campath is given in a vein through a tube.This is called an I.V. infusion.An I.V. infusion of Campath may cause side effects such as low blood pressure, shaking, fever, shortness of breath, chills, and rash.Your healthcare professional may give you medicine before Campath to lower the chance of these side effects.
- Immunosuppression and Infections. Campath may weaken your immune system, making it easier for you to get infections.Your healthcare professional may give you medicine to reduce the chance of infection.
- Bone Marrow Effects. Campath may lower the ability of the bone marrow to make blood cells.Some of these effects can be severe and lead to death.
- Some common side effects that may occur with Campath treatment include:
- low blood cell counts
- low blood pressure
Who Should Not Take Campath
You should not be given Campath if you have any of the following conditions:
- an infection in your body
- an immune system problem such as being HIV positive
- ever had a serious allergic reaction to Campath
Interactions with Campath
It is not known if Campath and other medicines can interact with each other. Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Know the medicines you take. Keep a list of them with you to show your healthcare professional.
Recent Forum Posts on Campath
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.