The below information on Campral has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Lipha Pharmaceuticals, Forest
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Campral is used to help patients with alcoholism stay alcohol-free after they have stopped drinking. Treatment with Campral should be part of a program that includes counseling and support. Campral has not shown to help patients who are still drinking at the start of treatment. Campral has not been studied in patients who abuse other substances in addition to alcohol.
Precautions for Campral
- Campral does not get rid of or weaken alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
- Patients using Campral should be watched for symptoms of depression or thoughts of suicide.
- Campral may impair judgement, thinking, or motor skills. Do not drive a car or operate dangerous machines until you know how Campral affects you.
Side Effects of Campral
Some common side effects with Campral include:
- sleep problems
Who Should Not Take Campral
Do not take Campral if you:
- are allergic to Campral or any of the ingredients in Campral
- have severe kidney problems
Interactions with Campral
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Campral . However, no specific interactions with Campral are known at this time.
Recent Forum Posts on Campral
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.