The below information on Coly-Mycin M has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|Brand Name:||Coly-Mycin M|
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Parkedale Pharmaceuticals Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
About Coly-Mycin M
Coly-Mycin M is used for:
Treating infections caused by certain bacteria.
Coly-Mycin M is an antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Side Effects of Coly-Mycin M
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Abnormal skin sensations around the mouth;
- numbness or tingling of fingers or toes;
- slurring of speech;
- stomach upset.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- black, tarry, or bloody stools;
- decreased urination;
- severe diarrhea;
- shortness of breath;
- stomach pain or cramps.
Who Should Not Take Coly-Mycin M
Do NOT use Coly-Mycin M if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Coly-Mycin M
- you are taking sodium cephalothin
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Interactions with Coly-Mycin M
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Coly-Mycin M . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Cephalosporins (eg, sodium cephalothin) because risk of kidney problems may be increased
- Aminoglycosides (eg, gentamicin), curariform muscle relaxants (eg, tubocurarine), decamethonium, nondepolarizing muscle relaxants (eg, gallamine), polymyxin, sodium citrate, or succinylcholine because actions and side effects, including difficulty breathing, may be increased
Recent Forum Posts on Coly-Mycin M
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.