The below information on Comtan has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Comtan is used together with carbidopa/ levodopa to treat people with Parkinson’s disease that experience the signs and symptoms of end-of-dose "wearing-off".
Comtan’s effectiveness has not been proven in people with Parkinson’s disease that do not experience end-of-dose "wearing-off".
Precautions for Comtan
- Comtan should be used with caution in patients with liver problems.
- Do not stop taking Comtan without first discussing it with your doctor.
- Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery until you know how you will react to Comtan.
- Be especially careful when taking other sleep-inducing drugs while using Comtan
Side Effects of Comtan
Some of the side effects listed below may not appear for up to twelve weeks.
- Abnormal jerky movements
- Discolored (brownish orange) urine
- Abdominal pain
- Dizziness or fainting especially upon quickly standing or going from a laying down to an upright position
Individuals treated with Comtan should tell their health care provider right away if they develop any of the following symptoms:
- Severe diarrhea
- Muscle pain or prolonged rigidity
- High fever
Interactions with Comtan
- Because certain other medications can interact with Comtan, review all medications that you are taking with your health care provider, including those that you take without a prescription.
- Check with your health care provider to make sure that you are not taking certain types of monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors.
- Tell your health care provider if you are trying to become pregnant, are pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
Recent Forum Posts on Comtan
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.