The below information on Dalmane has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Dalmane is used for:
Treating sleep disorders. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Dalmane is a benzodiazepine. It works by depressing the central nervous system (brain), causing drowsiness to aid in falling asleep.
Side Effects of Dalmane
Possible side effects of Dalmane :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- excessive daytime drowsiness;
- unusual weakness.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- chest pain;
- severe sedation.
Who Should Not Take Dalmane
Do NOT use Dalmane if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Dalmane
- you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma, severe liver disease, or a mental state in which contact with reality is lost (psychosis)
- you are taking an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, ritonavir) or sodium oxybate (GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Interactions with Dalmane
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Dalmane . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or rifampin because they may decrease Dalmane's effectiveness
- Aprepitant, clozapine, disulfiram, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), kava, nefazodone, omeprazole, oral contraceptives (birth control pills), sodium oxybate (GHB), or valproic acid because they may increase the risk of Dalmane's side effects
- Clozapine, digoxin, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), or nondepolarizing muscle relaxants (eg, vecuronium) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Dalmane
Recent Forum Posts on Dalmane
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.