The below information on Detrol has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Pharmacia & Upjohn, Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Detrol is used to treat bladder conditions that cause the feeling of having to urinate immediately, urinate too often, or the inability to control urination.
Precautions for Detrol
- Detrol interacts with some other medicines, which include certain antibiotics and antifungal medicines. Tell your doctor if you are taking either of these types of medicines. Your doctor may want to lower your dosage of Detrol.
- Detrol may cause blurred vision.
Side Effects of Detrol
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Dry eyes
The following reactions have been reported in patients who have taken Detrol since it has become available:
- Allergic reactions including swelling
- Rapid or abnormal heartbeat
- Accumulation of fluid in the arms and legs
It has not been determined if Detrol was the cause of these reactions.
Who Should Not Take Detrol
You should not take Detrol if you have any of the following conditions:
- Difficulty urinating due to a bladder blockage
- Gastric retention (Problems emptying the contents of the stomach)
- Uncontrolled glaucoma
Recent Forum Posts on Detrol
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.