The below information on Dolophine Hydrochloride has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|Brand Name:||Dolophine Hydrochloride|
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
1947-08-13 ,2004-02-12 ,
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Roxane Laboratories, Inc.
Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
About Dolophine Hydrochloride
DOLOPHINE is a prescription medicine that contains methadone, which is a narcotic pain medicine similar to morphine. DOLOPHINE is a federally controlled substance (CII) because it is a strong opioid pain medicine that can be abused by people who abuse prescription medicines or street drugs.
- Prevent theft and misuse. Keep your DOLOPHINE tablets in a safe place to protect them from theft. Never give DOLOPHINE to anyone else even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them and even cause death. Selling or giving away this medicine is dangerous and against the law.
DOLOPHINE is used:
- to treat moderate to severe pain in people that do not respond to non-narcotic pain medicines;
- to control withdrawal symptoms in patients being treated for narcotic drug addiction;
- for maintenance treatment of narcotic drug addiction along with other social and medical services. Stopping maintenance treatment of narcotic drug addiction with DOLOPHINE may result in a return to narcotic drug use.
Side Effects of Dolophine Hydrochloride
- DOLOPHINE can cause life threatening breathing and heart problems which can lead to death.
- have trouble breathing
- have extreme drowsiness and breathing slows down
- have slow shallow breathing (little chest movement with breathing)
- fast or slowed heartbeat
- feel faint, very dizzy, confused, have palpitations (irregular heart beat) or any other unusual symptoms
- DOLOPHINE can cause your blood pressure to drop. This can make you feel dizzy if you get up too fast from sitting or lying down.
- DOLOPHINE can cause physical dependence. Do not stop taking DOLOPHINE or any other opioid without first talking to your doctor. You could become sick with uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms because your body has become used to these medicines. Talk to your doctor about slowly stopping DOLOPHINE to avoid getting sick with withdrawal symptoms. Physical dependency is not the same as drug addiction.
- For patients using DOLOPHINE for pain treatment, there is a chance of abuse or addiction with DOLOPHINE. The chance is higher if you are or have been addicted to or abused other medicines, street drugs, or alcohol, or if you have a history of mental problems.
Call your doctor or get medical help right away if you:
These can be symptoms that you have taken too much (overdose of) DOLOPHINE, or the dose is too high for you. They can also be symptoms of a serious heart reaction. These symptoms can lead to serious problems or death if not treated right away.
Some common side effects of DOLOPHINE are lightheadedness, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting and sweating. Other side effects include weakness, headache, constipation, itching, and dry mouth.
Talk to your doctor about any side effects that bother you or that do not go away.
Who Should Not Take Dolophine Hydrochloride
Do not take DOLOPHINE if you:
- have severe asthma or severe lung problems.
- have a blockage or obstruction in your intestines.
- are allergic to methadone or anything else in DOLOPHINE. See the end of this leaflet for a complete list of ingredients.
Recent Forum Posts on Dolophine Hydrochloride
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.