The below information on Doral has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Doral is used for:
Treating insomnia (trouble sleeping). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Doral is a benzodiazepine. It works by depressing the central nervous system (brain), causing drowsiness to aid in falling asleep.
Side Effects of Doral
Possible side effects of Doral :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- clumsiness or unsteadiness;
- daytime drowsiness;
- feeling of hangover;
- unusual weakness.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- irregular heartbeat;
- memory loss;
- mental or mood changes;
- trouble sleeping; vision changes;
- yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Who Should Not Take Doral
Do NOT use Doral if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Doral or other benzodiazepines (eg, lorazepam)
- you are pregnant
- you have a severe mental disorder, angle-closure glaucoma, known or suspected sleep apnea (trouble breathing while asleep), or severe liver disease
- you are taking clozapine, an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, ritonavir), or sodium oxybate (GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Interactions with Doral
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Doral . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Rifampin because the effectiveness of Doral may be decreased
- Clozapine because dangerous side effects, such as confusion; sedation; excess salivation; unsteady movements; lightheadedness, especially upon standing; difficult or slow breathing; or drowsiness leading to unresponsiveness or coma may occur
- Sodium oxybate (GHB) because an increase in sleep duration and decrease in the ability to breath are likely to occur
- Anticonvulsants (eg, phenobarbital), antihistamines (eg, diphenhydramine), disulfiram, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), kava, nefazodone, omeprazole, valproic acid, or medicines for mental or mood problems because they may increase the actions and side effects of Doral
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because the actions and side effects may be increased by Doral ; also the effectiveness of Doral may be decreased
- Digoxin because actions and side effects may be increased by Doral
- Nondepolarizing muscle relaxants (eg, tubocurarine) because actions and side effects may be increased, decreased, or unchanged by Doral
Recent Forum Posts on Doral
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.