The below information on Ellence has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Pharmacia & Upjohn, Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Ellence is used together with other chemotherapy drugs to treat breast cancer that has spread to the lymph nodes under the arm following breast cancer surgery.
Precautions for Ellence
Ellence may cause premature menopause in women.
Side Effects of Ellence
Tell your doctor if you experience any of the following possible side effects while being treated with Ellence:
- Mouth sores
- Dehydration (lack of fluids)
- Signs of infection
- Symptoms of congestive heart failure (such as ankle swelling, shortness of breath)
- Pain, burning or stinging at the injection site
Do not be concerned if your urine appears red for 1-2 days after being given Ellence.
Other side effects include:
- Hair loss (usually reversible after treatment is finished)
- Low red blood cell counts (anemia)
- Temporary or permanent loss of menstrual cycle in women
- Feeling tired
- Hot flashes
Who Should Not Take Ellence
You should not be given Ellence if you have had any of the following conditions:
- Low levels of white blood cells in the body
- Severe heart failure
- Recent heart attack
- Treatment in the past with this class of drugs (anthracyclines) up to the maximum total dose
- Allergic reactions to Ellence or other similar medications
- Severe liver problems
Recent Forum Posts on Ellence
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.