The below information on Feldene has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Feldene is used for:
Treating rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Feldene is an NSAID. Exactly how it works is not known. It may block certain substances in the body that are linked to inflammation. NSAIDs treat the symptoms of pain and inflammation. They do not treat the disease that causes those symptoms.
Side Effects of Feldene
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- stomach upset.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; trouble breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- bloody or black, tarry stools;
- change in the amount of urine produced;
- chest pain;
- dark urine;
- fast or irregular heartbeat;
- fever, chills, or persistent sore throat;
- mental or mood changes;
- numbness of an arm or leg;
- one-sided weakness;
- red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin;
- ringing in the ears;
- severe headache or dizziness;
- severe or persistent stomach pain or nausea;
- severe vomiting;
- shortness of breath;
- sudden or unexplained weight gain;
- swelling of hands, legs, or feet;
- unusual bruising or bleeding;
- unusual joint or muscle pain;
- unusual tiredness or weakness;
- vision or speech changes;
- vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Who Should Not Take Feldene
Do NOT use Feldene if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Feldene
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, trouble breathing, growths in the nose, dizziness) to aspirin or an NSAID (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib)
- you have recently had or will be having bypass heart surgery
- you are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
Interactions with Feldene
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Feldene . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aspirin, corticosteroids (eg, prednisone), heparin, or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (eg, fluoxetine) because the risk of stomach bleeding may be increased
- Probenecid because it may increase the risk of Feldene's side effects
- Cyclosporine, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), lithium, methotrexate, quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin), sulfonamides (eg, sulfamethoxazole), or sulfonylureas (eg, glipizide) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Feldene
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (eg, enalapril) or diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Feldene
Recent Forum Posts on Feldene
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.