The below information on Fuzeon has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Fuzeon is used with other anti-HIV medicines to treat adults and children ages 6 years and older with HIV infection. Fuzeon is not used by itself to treat HIV infection. Fuzeon does not cure HIV-infection or AIDS and does not prevent HIV-transmission.
Fuzeon is called an HIV fusion inhibitor. Fuzeon blocks HIV’s ability to infect healthy CD4 cells. When used with other anti-HIV medicines, Fuzeon can reduce the amount of HIV in the blood and increase the number of CD4 cells. This may keep your immune system healthy so it can help fight infection.
Precautions for Fuzeon
- Avoid doing anything that can spread HIV infection since Fuzeon does not stop you from passing the HIV infection to others.
- Do not share needles or other injection equipment.
- Do not share personal items that can have blood or body fluids on them, like toothbrushes or razor blades.
- Do not have any kind of sex without protection. Always practice safer sex by using a latex or polyurethane condom or other barrier method to reduce the chance of sexual contact with semen, vaginal secretions or blood.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if Fuzeon makes you feel dizzy.
- Do not change your dose or stop taking Fuzeon without first talking with your healthcare provider.
Side Effects of Fuzeon
Some side effects with Fuzeon include:
- pain and numbness in feet or legs
- loss of sleep
- decreased appetite
- weakness or loss of strength
- muscle pain
- pancreas problems
Who Should Not Take Fuzeon
Do not use Fuzeon if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in Fuzeon.
Recent Forum Posts on Fuzeon
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.