The below information on Hectorol has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Bone Care International
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
Capsules and Intravenous Injections
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Hectorol is used to lower high parathyroid hormone (iPTH) levels in patients with Stage 5 chronic kidney disease on dialysis
Hectorol capsules are also used to lower high parathyroid hormone in patients with Stage 3 or Stage 4 chronic kidney disease who are not on dialysis.
Precautions for Hectorol
- Do not take Hectorol with magnesium containing antacids, because these may cause too much magnesium to build up in your body.
- Do not take Hectorol with mineral oil or cholesterol-lowering drugs containing cholestyramine, because these may reduce the amount of Hectorol absorbed by your body.
Side Effects of Hectorol
Side effects of Hectorol are, in general, similar to those of high blood calcium associated with too much vitamin D intake. Some side effects are:
- Generally not feeling well
- Shortness of breath
- Joint pain
- Weight gain
Who Should Not Take Hectorol
- People with a high level of calcium in the blood.
- People with signs of extremely high levels of vitamin D.
Recent Forum Posts on Hectorol
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.