The below information on Human Secretin has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|Brand Name:||Human Secretin|
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
About Human Secretin
Human secretin is a man-made hormone that is like the natural secretin made in your small intestine. Human secretin is used to
- help your pancreas release secretions, including bicarbonate, to aid in the diagnosis of a pancreases problem called pancreatic exocrine dysfunction
- help your stomach release a hormone called gastrin to aid in the diagnosis of a tumor in your (gastrinoma) in your pancreas or small intestine
- help your pancreas release secretions to help show certain areas of your intestine during a special x-ray test called an endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
Precautions for Human Secretin
Human secretin may not work as well if you:
- have had a an operation called a vagotomy to lower the amount of acid in your stomach
- are taking certain medicines called anticholinergics
- have inflammatory bowel disease
People who have alcoholic or other liver disease may have a stronger reaction than others may to Human secretin.
Side Effects of Human Secretin
Some common side effects with Human secretin include:
- flushing (skin turns red and warm)
- stomach area (abdominal) pain
Who Should Not Take Human Secretin
Do not use Human secretin if you have acute pancreatitis.
Recent Forum Posts on Human Secretin
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.