The below information on Integrilin has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
COR Therapeutics, Inc. and Key Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Integrilin is used to treat patients with severe chest pain or small heart attacks and for those undergoing certain heart procedures (e.g., balloon angioplasty). Integrilin has been shown to decrease the chance of another heart attack or death.
Integrilin has also been shown to decrease the risk of another heart attack or death and reduce the need for urgent medical care in patients undergoing certain heart procedures.
Precautions for Integrilin
Bleeding is the most common complication found during Integrilin therapy.
Side Effects of Integrilin
- Allergic reaction
- Low blood pressure
Who Should Not Take Integrilin
You should not be given Integrilin if you have ever had:
- Bleeding in the brain, brain tumor, or ballooning (aneurysm) of a blood vessel in the brain
- History of low blood platelets in the blood during previous treatment with Integrilin
You should not be given Integrilin if within the past 30 days you have had:
- Medical diagnosis of internal bleeding
- Medical diagnosis of unusual tendency towards bleeding
- Medical diagnosis of stroke
- Major surgery or trauma
You should also not be given Integrilin if now:
- Your health care practitioner detects signs of ongoing injury to the aorta (the large blood vessel that carries blood from the heart) or signs of pericarditis (inflammation of the sac that surrounds the heart)
- You have very high blood pressure (greater than 200/110)
- You are on dialysis
- You are being treated with tirofiban (Aggrastat®, Merck & Co.)
Recent Forum Posts on Integrilin
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.