The below information on Iressa has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Iressa is a medicine used to kill cancer cells (chemotherapy). It is used alone for the continued treatment of patients who are benefiting or have benefited from Iressa. Iressa is approved for patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that:
- has progressed after treatment with platinum based and docetaxel chemotherapies, or
- did not respond to treatment with platinum based or docetaxel chemotherapies.
Side Effects of Iressa
- Liver damage.
- Eye problems, such as pain, redness or change in vision. Some patients have had an injury to the surface of the eye (cornea). This may be caused by eyelashes growing inside the eyelid.
- Other side effects with Iressa may include: diarrhea, rash acne, dry skin, nausea, vomiting, itching, loss of appetite, weakness, weight loss
Interactions with Iressa
Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs, and supplements. Especially tell your health care provider if you take:
- rifampicin, phenytoin
- ketoconazole, itraconazole
- ranitidine, cimetidine
Recent Forum Posts on Iressa
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.