The below information on Kepivance has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
- Kepivance is a prescription medicine used to reduce the chance of developing painful sores and ulcers in the mouth (severe mucositis) and to shorten the time with severe mucositis in patients with blood cancers who receive high doses of chemotherapy and radiation therapy before bone marrow transplants.
- Kepivance has not been shown to be safe and effective in patients being treated for forms of cancer other than leukemia or lymphoma.
- Kepivance has not been studied in children.
- It has not been determined if patients age 65 years and over respond to Kepivance differently than younger patients.
Side Effects of Kepivance
Kepivance can cause serious problems such as:
- Possible tumor growth if Kepivance is used for non-blood related cancers.
- Skin and mucus membrane side effects such as rash, redness, swelling, itching, unusual sensations in the mouth, tongue color change, tongue thickening and changes in taste. Tell your healthcare professional if you get any of these side effects.
- Breathing problems
- Other common side effects include swelling, pain, joint pain, increases in blood pancreas enzymes, high blood pressure, and protein in the urine.
Who Should Not Take Kepivance
Do not receive Kepivance if you are allergic to:
- Kepivance or any of its ingredients
- other products made from E. coli proteins
Interactions with Kepivance
Tell your healthcare professional about all the medicines you take including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Kepivance can interact with heparin. If heparin is used to maintain your I.V., your I.V. must be flushed with saline before and after receiving Kepivance.
Recent Forum Posts on Kepivance
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.