The below information on Keppra has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
1999-11-30 ,2006-07-31 ,
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
Tablets and Oral Solutions
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Keppra is a medicine taken with other seizure medicines to treat:
- partial seizures in adults and children 4 years of age and older with epilepsy.
- myoclonic seizures in adults and adolescents 12 years of age and older with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy.
Precautions for Keppra
Keppra may cause drowsiness. Do not drive a car or operate complex machinery until you know how Keppra affects you.
Side Effects of Keppra
Some people taking Keppra can get serious reactions including:
- sleepiness or feeling tired
- difficulty coordinating muscles normally, (e.g., abnormal walk)
- aggression, anger, and irritability
- agitation, anxiety, and other mood changes
- decreased ability to cope with daily life events
- feeling depressed or worsening depression
- thoughts of suicide
Talk to your doctor before stopping Keppra or any other seizure medicine. Stopping a seizure medicine all at once can cause status epilepticus, a serious problem.
The most common side effects are:
Recent Forum Posts on KeppraView All Comments:
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.