The below information on Lindane has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Actavis Mid-Atlantic LLC
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Treating head and crab (pubic) lice after safer medicines have failed or have caused side effects.
Lindane Shampoo is a shampoo that kills lice and their eggs.
Side Effects of Lindane
Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Burning; redness of skin; skin rash; stinging.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); dizziness; drowsiness; seizures; vomiting.
Who Should Not Take Lindane
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Lindane Shampoo
- you have a history of seizures or certain skin conditions in which the skin is irritated or broken (eg, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis)
- you are breast-feeding
- you have used Lindane Shampoo in the last few months
- you are treating a premature infant
Interactions with Lindane
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Lindane Shampoo. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Phenothiazines (eg, thioridazine), isoniazid, sedatives (eg, phenobarbital, diazepam), theophylline, or tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline) because side effects of Lindane Shampoo may be increased
Recent Forum Posts on Lindane
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.