The below information on Macugen has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Eyetech Pharmaceuticals Inc.; Pfizer, Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Macugen is used to treat adults with an eye problem called the wet form (neovascular) of age-related macular degeneration. Macular degeneration causes vision loss leading to blindness.
Precautions for Macugen
- Your eye doctor should only inject one eye at a time with Macugen.
- Your eye doctor should monitor your eye for increased pressure and signs of infection right after each Macugen injection and during the week after each injection.
Side Effects of Macugen
The most common side effects with Macugen include:
- inflammation of the eye
- blurred vision or changes in vision
- bleeding in the eye
- swelling of the eye
- eye discharge
- irritation or discomfort of the eye
- eye pain
- seeing "spots" in your vision
Who Should Not Take Macugen
Do not use Macugen if you have an infection in or around your eye.
Recent Forum Posts on Macugen
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.