The below information on Magnevist has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Magnevist is used for:
Providing a better picture with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Magnevist is a diagnostic aid. When used with an MRI, it works by aiding in the detection of abnormalities in the brain, spinal cord, or whole body.
Side Effects of Magnevist
Possible side effects of Magnevist :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- pain, swelling, coldness, or redness at the injection site.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue);
- changes in vision;
- fast or irregular heartbeat;
- numbness in an arm or leg;
- severe stomach pain;
- sharp or crushing chest pain;
- sudden leg pain;
- sudden severe headache, vomiting, dizziness, or fainting;
- sudden shortness of breath.
Who Should Not Take Magnevist
Do NOT use Magnevist if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Magnevist
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Interactions with Magnevist
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Magnevist . However, no specific interactions with Magnevist are known at this time.
Recent Forum Posts on Magnevist
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.