The below information on Metadate CD has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|Brand Name:||Metadate CD|
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
Capsules, Extended Release
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
About Metadate CD
METADATE CD is a central nervous system stimulant prescription medicine. It is used for the treatment of Attention- Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
METADATE CD may help increase attention and decrease impulsiveness and hyperactivity in patients with ADHD.
METADATE CD should be used as a part of a total treatment program for ADHD that may include counseling or other therapies.
Side Effects of Metadate CD
- Heart-related problems:
- sudden death in patients who have heart problems or heart defects
- stroke and heart attack in adults
- increased blood pressure and heart rate
Tell your doctor if you or your child have any heart problems, heart defects, high blood pressure, or a family history of these problems. Your doctor should check you or your child carefully for heart problems before starting METADATE CD.
Your doctor should check your or your child’s blood pressure and heart rate regularly during treatment with METADATE CD.
- new or worse behavior and thought problems
- new or worse bipolar illness
- new or worse aggressive behavior or hostility
Children and Teenagers
- new psychotic symptoms (such as hearing voices, believing things that are not true, are suspicious) or new manic symptoms
Tell your doctor about any mental problems you or your child have, or about a family history of suicide, bipolar illness, or depression.
- slowing of growth (height and weight) in children
- seizures, mainly in patients with a history of seizures
- eyesight changes or blurred vision
- decreased appetite
- stomach ache
- trouble sleeping
Interactions with Metadate CD
Tell your doctor about all of the medicines that you or your child take including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. METADATE CD and some medicines may interact with each other and cause serious side effects. Sometimes the doses of other medicines will need to be adjusted while taking METADATE CD.
Your doctor will decide whether METADATE CD can be taken with other medicines.
Especially tell your doctor if you or your child takes:
- anti-depression medicines including MAOIs
- seizure medicines
- blood thinner medicines
- blood pressure medicines
- cold or allergy medicines that contain decongestants
Recent Forum Posts on Metadate CD
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.