The below information on Refludan has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|Generic:||Lepirudin (recombitant DNA origin)|
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Hoechst Marion Roussel, Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Refludan is indicated for patients who have had a reaction to heparin that resulted in reduced platelets and associated blood clots, in order to prevent more clotting complications
Precautions for Refludan
- Your doctor will monitor your treatment by using a test that measures the clotting time of your blood.
- The dosage of Refludan may be decreased if you have liver or kidney disease.
Side Effects of Refludan
Bleeding is the most common complication of Refludan. If you have the following conditions, your risk of bleeding may be increased:
- Recent puncture of large vessels or organ biopsy
- Abnormality of blood vessels or organs
- Recent "mini-stroke," stroke, brain surgery, or other central nervous system procedure
- Uncontrolled severe high blood pressure
- Infection of the heart lining (endocarditis)
- Advanced kidney damage
- Tendency to bleed
- Recent major surgery
- Recent major bleeding
Other side effects occurring in at least 2% of the people studied:
- Abnormal liver function
- Allergic skin reactions
Who Should Not Take Refludan
You should not be given Refludan if you are allergic to this drug or similar drugs.
Recent Forum Posts on Refludan
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.