The below information on Restoril has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Tyco Healthcare Group
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Restoril is used for:
Treating insomnia (trouble sleeping).
Restoril is a benzodiazepine. It works by depressing the central nervous system (brain), causing drowsiness to aid in falling asleep.
Side Effects of Restoril
Possible side effects of Restoril :
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- clumsiness or unsteadiness;
- daytime drowsiness;
- feeling of hangover;
- unusual weakness.
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
Who Should Not Take Restoril
Do NOT use Restoril if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Restoril
- you are pregnant
- you have a severe mental disorder, acute angle-closure glaucoma, or severe liver disease
- you are taking clozapine or sodium oxybate (GHB)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Interactions with Restoril
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Restoril . Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Clozapine because dangerous side effects, such as confusion; sedation; excess salivation; unsteady movements; lightheadedness, especially upon standing, difficult or slow breathing; or drowsiness leading to unresponsiveness or coma may occur
- Sodium oxybate (GHB) because an increase in sleep duration and decrease in the ability to breath are likely to occur
- Disulfiram, kava, or valproic acid because they may increase the actions and side effects of Restoril
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because the actions and side effects may be increased by Restoril ; also the effectiveness of Restoril may be decreased
- Digoxin because actions and side effects may be increased by Restoril
- Nondepolarizing muscle relaxants (eg, tubocurarine) because actions and side effects may be increased, decreased, or unchanged by Restoril
Recent Forum Posts on Restoril
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.