The below information on Sanctura has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Sanctura is used for the treatment of overactive bladder that causes the following symptoms:
- sudden need to urinate right away (urgency)
- unwanted urine leakage after urgency (urge urinary incontinence)
- having to urinate often (urinary frequency)
Precautions for Sanctura
Sanctura may cause serious side effects because it belongs to a class of medicines called "anticholinergics". Sanctura may cause:
- dizziness, blurred vision, and fast heart beat
- fever and heat stroke due to decreased sweating (heat prostration) when used in a hot environment
- drowsiness that is made worse when taken with alcohol.
Side Effects of Sanctura
The most common side effects with Sanctura are dry mouth and constipation.
Who Should Not Take Sanctura
Do not take Sanctura if you:
- have urinary retention (problems urinating often due to a bladder blockage)
- have gastric retention (problems emptying stomach contents)
- have an eye problem called uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma
- are allergic to Sanctura or to any of the ingredients in Sanctura.
Sanctura has not been studied in children.
Recent Forum Posts on Sanctura
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.