The below information on Selzentry has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
SELZENTRY is an anti-HIV medicine called a CCR5 antagonist. HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) is the virus that causes AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).
SELZENTRY is used with other anti-HIV medicines in adults with CCR5-tropic HIV-1 infection who are already taking anti-HIV medicines and the medicines are not controlling their HIV infection.
- SELZENTRY will not cure HIV infection.
- People taking SELZENTRY may still develop infections, including opportunistic infections or other conditions that happen with HIV infection.
- It is very important that you stay under the care of your doctor during treatment with SELZENTRY.
- The long-term effects of SELZENTRY are not known at this time.
- SELZENTRY has not been studied in children less than 16 years of age.
Side Effects of Selzentry
When SELZENTRY has been given with other anti-HIV drugs, there have been serious side effects including:
- Liver problems.
- Heart problems including heart attack
- Low blood pressure when standing up (postural hypotension). Low blood pressure when standing up can cause dizziness or fainting. Do not drive a car or operate heavy machinery if you have dizziness while taking SELZENTRY.
- Changes in your immune system. A condition called Immune Reconstitution Syndrome can happen when you start taking HIV medicines. Your immune system may get stronger and could begin to fight infections that have been hidden in your body such as pneumonia, herpes virus or tuberculosis. Tell your doctor if you develop new symptoms after starting your HIV medicines.
- Possible chance of infection or cancer. SELZENTRY affects other immune system cells and therefore may possibly increase your chance for getting other infections or cancer, although there is no evidence from the clinical trials of an increase in serious infections or cancer.
The most common side effects of SELZENTRY include cough, fever, colds, rash, muscle and joint pain, stomach pain, dizziness. Tell your doctor about any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
Recent Forum Posts on Selzentry
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.