The below information on Sensipar has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Sensipar is used to treat patients:
- with high levels of parathyroid hormone in their blood due to chronic kidney disease that requires dialysis.
- with high levels of calcium in their blood due to cancer of the parathyroid gland.
Precautions for Sensipar
- Patients should report the symptoms of low blood calcium right away. Symptoms of low blood calcium include abnormal tingling sensations, muscle pain, cramping, spasms, and seizures.
- Sensipar may cause bone disease if parathyroid hormone levels drop too low.
- Patients with liver problems may need a lower dose of Sensipar. Patients with liver problems should be monitored carefully during treatment with Sensipar.
Side Effects of Sensipar
The most commonly reported side effects with Sensipar were nausea and vomiting. Other side effects include:
- muscle pain
- high blood pressure
- weakness and tiredness
- loss of appetite
Who Should Not Take Sensipar
Do not take Sensipar if you are allergic to Sensipar or to any of the ingredients in Sensipar.
Recent Forum Posts on Sensipar
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.