The below information on Synercid has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|Generic:||Quinupristin / Dalfopristin|
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Synercid is used to treat adult patients with serious or life-threatening infections and certain skin infections caused by specific types of bacteria.
Synercid was approved based on its ability to clear bacteria from the bloodstream. At this time, it is not known if Synercid will cure the underlying infection. Clinical studies to determine Synercid’s ability to cure underlying infection are presently under way.
Precautions for Synercid
- Tell your health care provider right away if you develop diarrhea while taking Synercid.
- Tell your health care provider if you are trying to become pregnant, are already pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Irritation of the vein can occur when Synercid is given. Therefore, it is recommended to flush the vein with 5% Dextrose in Water following completion of the infusion.
- Do not dilute Synercid with Saline solution.
Side Effects of Synercid
- Pain, swelling, and irritation at the infusion site
- Muscle and joint pain
Recent Forum Posts on Synercid
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.