The below information on Vesicare has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
Astellas Pharma Inc.
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Vesicare is a prescription medicine used in adults to treat the following symptoms due to a condition called overactive bladder:
- Having to go to the bathroom too often, also called “urinary frequency”
- Having a strong need to go to the bathroom right away, also called “urgency”
- Leaking or wetting accidents, also called “urinary incontinence.”
Vesicare has not been studied in children.
Side Effects of Vesicare
The most common side effects with Vesicare are:
- Blurred vision. Use caution while driving or doing dangerous activities until you know how Vesicare affects you.
- Dry mouth
- Constipation. Call your doctor if you get severe stomach area (abdominal) pain or become constipated for 3 or more days.
- Heat prostration due to decreased sweating can occur when drugs such as Vesicare are used in a hot environment.
Who Should Not Take Vesicare
Do not take Vesicare if you:
- are not able to empty your bladder (also called “urinary retention”)
- have delayed or slow emptying of your stomach (also called “gastric retention”)
- have an eye problem called “uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma”
- are allergic to Vesicare or any of its ingredients.
Interactions with Vesicare
Vesicare can interact with other medicines. Know the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Keep a list of them to show your health care professional and pharmacist.
Recent Forum Posts on Vesicare
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.