The below information on Xolair has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Xolair is an injectable medicine for patients ages 12 and older with moderate to severe persistent allergic asthma whose asthma symptoms are not controlled by asthma medicines called inhaled corticosteroids. A skin or blood test is done to see if you have allergic asthma.
Side Effects of Xolair
A severe allergic reaction called anaphylaxis has happened in some patients after they received Xolair. Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening condition and can lead to death so get emergency medical treatment right away if symptoms occur.
Signs and Symptoms of anaphylaxis include:
- wheezing, shortness of breath, cough, chest tightness, or trouble breathing
- low blood pressure, dizziness, fainting, rapid or weak heartbeat, anxiety, or feeling of “impending doom”
- flushing, itching, hives, or feeling warm
- swelling of the throat or tongue, throat tightness, hoarse voice, or trouble swallowing
Get emergency medical treatment right away if you have signs or symptoms of anaphylaxis after receiving Xolair.
Anaphylaxis from Xolair can happen:
- right after receiving a Xolair injection or hours later
- after any Xolair injection. Anaphylaxis has occurred after the first Xolair injection or after many Xolair injections.
Your healthcare provider should watch you for some time in the office for signs or symptoms of anaphylaxis after injecting Xolair. If you have signs or symptoms of anaphylaxis, tell your healthcare provider right away.
Your healthcare provider should instruct you about getting emergency medical treatment and further medical care if you have signs or symptoms of anaphylaxis after leaving the doctor’s office.
Who Should Not Take Xolair
You should not receive Xolair if you have ever had an allergic reaction to a Xolair injection.
Recent Forum Posts on Xolair
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.