The below information on Zemplar has been taken from official FDA sources, but we cannot guarantee it's accuracy. Please use this site for educational purposes only. This site does not replace a proper discussion with your doctor.
|This drug was approved by the FDA in one form or another on:|
|This drug is made in one form or another by the following companies:|
|This drug is available in the following forms:|
|View the actual FDA approved label for this drug at the following links:|
Zemplar is used to prevent and treat high parathyroid hormone levels in patients with chronic kidney failure.
Precautions for Zemplar
Your doctor will monitor you closely if you are taking the drug digoxin along with Zemplar.
Zemplar is administered as an injection during dialysis treatment, no more than every other day.
In order to ensure Zemplar’s effectiveness, diet is important. Your doctor may want you to:
- limit your intake of foods and drugs containing phosphorous
- avoid foods and drugs containing aluminum
Side Effects of Zemplar
- Not feeling well
- Increase frequency or pounding of heart
- Dry mouth
- Blood in stool
- General swelling
Who Should Not Take Zemplar
- You should not take Zemplar if you have signs of toxic levels of vitamin D or an abnormally high amount of calcium in your blood.
- It is important for you and your doctor to be aware of the symptoms of too much calcium, (e.g., weakness, headache, excessive sleepiness, nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, constipation, muscle spasm or bone pain). If you have these symptoms, your doctor may want to lower the dose of Zemplar or stop the drug until your calcium level returns to normal.
Recent Forum Posts on Zemplar
Site Copyright © 2003-2008 Jalic Inc. All rights reserved.