Thread: Zonegran
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 PM

Default Zonegran

I'm 21 and I've been on Zonegran since June 2011. I started having seizures out of the blue in July of 2009, doctors diagnosed them as complex partial. I've been through several other medications (dilantin, lamictal, tegretol, and a couple more I can't remember) and none of them have worked out very well for me. One of them made my seizures worse. One of my main concerns with zonegran has been the severe irritability I experience. It seems to me that everything just ticks me off. I get so frustrated over the littlest things. I know it must annoy my friends and I feel like everyone must think I'm a crazy b***h. I get confused a lot, forget what I'm doing/saying/where I put things, I can't figure out my own thoughts half the time. Another big concern is my sleep pattern. I've always had trouble going to bed early, but since starting this medication I find that I just can't make myself sleep. I'm awake until I crash out at 4 or 5 in the morning sometimes. After about a week of doing this, I'll be able to go to sleep a little earlier. But no matter how long I sleep, I'm exhausted still. I could get a whole 8 or 9 hours of sleep and it feels like I only got 4. Sometimes I just feel anxious, jittery, I have to keep moving and do something. Others I don't want to do anything but curl up on the couch and sleep. I don't like how emotionally unstable this medication makes me feel. Does anyone else have this kind of problem?