View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 11:48 PM

Trying to come off of Celexa has been a terrible experience for me. I'm sorry that others have had to go through the same thing but I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
I had been taking 20mg/day for years, initially needing help with panic attacks and general depression. It worked well for those symptoms but I gradually lost all interest in sex, and actually became unable to climax. I talked to my Dr. who then prescribed that I begin Wellbutrin while tapering off of Celexa, known to adversely affect sex drive for many.
I took my last bit of Celexa two weeks ago and the high voltage brain zaps began within 36 hours along with vertigo. Soon came the outrageous fits of anger, totally out of character for me. I had never experienced anything like it. Insomnia interspersed with vivid dreams became a nightly affair. I pray I'm through the worst of the withdrawal symptoms, which seem to have increased in intensity during the period.
One thing is for sure, if I can make it out the other side, I'm never going back.