Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Benicar

Notices

Old 09-12-2003, 06:00 AM
Char

Default Benicar 20 mg

I've been taking benicar for 2 days. The lst day I got a really bad headache and had to take 2 tylenols. The same today. I'm really scared because I have lupus in addition to the sudden onset of high bloodpressure. I was suppose to start taking it a month ago. The support group on Satruday told me I should. Now I'm not so sure.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Martin Singley

Default Benicar Immediate Side Affects

I began taking Benicar/HCT yesterday. I immediately began to notice ringing in my ears that lasted all night, chest tightness, anxiety, my face felt warm and flush, mild numbness around my mouth and ears, I felt warm in the face, but most of all my heart rate increased to around 90 to 100, vs. my normal 58-64 beats per minute and my blood pressure increased, but fluctuated, for most of the night between 180/110 to about 150/90. In addition, I got a headache earlier at around 1pm after taking the single dose around 11am. The headache got progressively worse and even 600mg of Motrin couldn't kill it by the end of the night. Finally, at about midnight, the symptoms began to quickly abate. I woke up this morning feeling fairly good, but when I took my single dose again at around 7am, it all started back up within an hour. I called the doctor and said that I was OFF THIS STUFF! Did oppoosite of what I thought it was supposed to do!!!