Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Celebrex

Notices

Old 09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

When does Celebrex ususally start to work for pain? I just started taking it yesterday ( 3 doses so far) and still no relief. Is this a drug that takes a while to work or should I see results immediatley? Thanks for any response!
Old 09-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Thomas Ford

Default No Subject

Celebrex is an anti-inflammatory. IT takes a few days to lower the inflammation enough for most people to no<br>tice a significant change in their pain level. <br><br>Rusty
Old 12-11-2009, 12:49 PM

Default so expensive

I have had both my knee's replaced and now am looking at a right hip replacement. I take 200 mg celebrex 2 times a day when I am at work, I work on a towboat, when at home I take the celebrex 1 time a day unless I am having a bad day. Been taking celebrex for several years. But I am looking for a medication that is close to the pain releif I get from celebrex because my co-pay thru my insurance is so high.

Frank..you might want to ask your doctor to increase the dosage and give it at least a week to get into your system, my sister has just started taking it also but wasnt getting any relief so she had doctor increase dosage and now she is getting relief from the celebrex. Good Luck!!!