Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Colazal

Notices

Old 05-25-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default side effects

Was wondering if anyone experienced hair loss. I'm losing a lot of hair and was wondering maybe if this may be from the colazal.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I've been on Colazal since December and have noticed a tremendous hair loss, mostly on the top. I've spoken to my doctor about it and while he's concerned he said it was not one of the side effects.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Anna Shimojo

Default No Subject

My daugher has been losing a lot of hair since taking colazal. She is 18 and her hair means a lot to her. I feel sorry for her but don't know what to do.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Default Hair Loss

I have been taking Colazal for five months and have also noticed hair loss. Thanks for your posts, I was beginning to wonder if it was due to medication.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:51 PM
QueTrenia

Default Hair Loss

I've been on Corlazal since mid 2005. I have lost a tremendous amount of hair. After speaking with my Doctor, he informed me that hair loss is not a side affect. However, I wasn't losing my hair until I started this medication.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I have been on Colazal for about 6 months. Five months into treatment I started losing alot of hair. Over the course of one month I have lost enough hair to fill a sandwich ziplock baggie. (I kept it in order to monitor just how much I was losing) I have always had thick hair, now it is very thin and almost brittle. I have not talked with my physican about it yet. But just with my research it seems to be related to taking this medicine.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default hair loss

I have been on colazal for 5 years. I was recently in the hospital for my ulcertive colitis. I was on a high dose of prednizone for a couple of months. I thought the hair loss was due to the prednizone. but i have been off of it for a month & am still losing lots of hair. I am 30 & shouldn't be almost bald @ 30. I had to buy a wig. My doctor also tells me hair loss isnt a side effect. Then what is it??????????
Old 01-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Well don't believe your doc that hair loss is not a side affect, because it is!!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:05 AM

Default Hair loss with Colazol

Yes , I have had alot of hair loss when I started taking this medication. I asked the doctor and she said it is not a side effect and then said would you rather be dead or bald?

I was instructed to take 4 tab 3x day! My hair really fell out and it was like I was on chemo. I now take 3 tabs once a day( my own instructions) and it is not falling out as much. I was thinking about going to another doc and asking about another medication. I aslo feel tired more than usual but I have a 3 yr old and have been attributing that to my 3 yr old. I was a very good athlete but feel like I have lost my energy. Any thoughts? Should I switch to Azocol since some of the post suggest it does not have some of the side effects

Last edited by skippy; 05-13-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:05 AM

Dido!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!