Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Geodon

Notices

Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Sonia

Default Geodon/side effects

My doc started me on Geodon 120mg nightly about 1 month ago. I felt drunk when I woke up every morning, and had to go back to bed. I didn't end up "awake" until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I hated that. Then about 2 weeks into taking it, I had a horrible episode of dizziness and incredible heart palpitations, and extreme headach. It was so bad my daughter called and ambulance. I spent 3 days in the hospital.. They didn't give me the Geodon, and all was well. I saw my Psch. last week, and he started me on the Geodon again..80mg nightly.. again I feel drunk every morning.. So I didn't take it tonight, I told my husband I'm going to take it in the morning since it causes me to feel awake after taking it, and hopefully by the evening the effect of sleeping will be beneficial, and then when I wake up, I won't feel drunk and want to sleep till the afternoon. The other side effects, heart palp, dizziness haven't hit me.. so hopefully it has to do with the dosage. My Doc, says he has some paitients that can only tolerate 20mg.. He would raather have me decrease my dosages then increase..<br>I also don't feel hungry all the time.. ABout 4 yrs ago I had a bad manic episode and was put on Depakote along with other meds, and I gained 20 lbs in 2 months, i haven't been able to loose that, but since I've been on the Geodon, my close it feeling looser. so maybe it will help me with weigth loss.. I'll let you all know..<br>Good luck..<br>Sonia