Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Geodon

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Gina

Default Sleepiness

Geodon has been a wonderful medication for me. Seems my head is clear and the mood swings have all but disappeared. It was such a change of pace for me that I even was afraid the "feeling good" would vanish. It hasn't and I have more energy now, I'm no longer paranoid and my life with my daughter has been renewed.<br> I have a question . . . I have noticed that if I take tylenol along with the Geodon (for anything) that I become so drowsy that I cannot function. Has anyone else had this peculiar side effect with tylenol?<br> Again, I can't say enough about Geodon. It's given me my life back.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:26 PM
kathy

Default geodon

so good to hear that you are doing so good on geodon. i have been on geodon for almost 4 weeks. i am feeling better every day while taking it. i am on 60 mg a day. before i went on it i had a phobia problem. now i am almost clear from that. i am feeling a nevousness feeling, but i think in a couple more week on this medicant i well even feel so much more better than i do now. well good luck and stick to your geodon.<br> kathy <br> ps i dont take tylenol, but i take ibuprofen and it works for me.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:00 AM

Default im on geodon

i just finished my 4th week on geodon (20 mgs). im sleepy all the time! im also depressed all the time. i feel foggy. i specifically asked my doc if i could take tylenol when im on geodon, she said yes. i only took tylenol the other day since i hav been on this & that was because i fell asleep on the couch & my neck hurt from it. i hav been drinking coffee & thats helped with my sleepiness. but it does at the price of being jittery. so in regards to tylonal having an effect, i dont know. sorry. i wish u luck! how long hav u been taking it?
Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 AM

i think i found the same is true for me i took tylenol and motrin for an ache and am on 80 mg of geodon. when i got to work, my wife had to drive me, i came right back home. later my boss let me know i was slurring my speech. i was so tired it took all day to get back up. iv only been on geodon since apr 6.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:47 AM

Smile sleepyness

I have been on geodone long term sense I was about 12 years old ( am 21 now). during thAt time period I have noticed that I am a very heavy sleeper. Over the last two years it has gotten worse. In many cases I will sleep the through 2 alarms Blairing loud rock music. I would say that the music did nt go off but my parents assure me that almost every morning they hear the music bc it wakes them up. My question is this, has anyone else had issues like mine? I also am prone to sleeping fo long periods oftime and actually have trouble gong to sleep even after taking the meds. I took a 20 mg one over 2 hours ago tonight and am not tired at all yet. Be other thing I would like to mention is I also take concerta twice a day 54mg x2 and 1 18 mg And I take a 2O mg geodone with both f those and one bf bed as well to treat my ADHD. Sry if this is kind of rambleing but I typed it on my itoch lol.