Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Gleevec

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Susan Armour

Default Gleevec

I was diagnosed in 1998 with CML, and had no match for a bone marrow transplant. At that time I heard about STI-571 being in clinical trial in N.Y. I went back and forth to N.Y. to get my testing and pills until the FDA approved what is now Gleevec. I started Gleevec in Oct. 2000, and was in complete cytogenetic remission in July of 2001 with a dose of 400mg. I still take the 400mg. a day. I think my worst side effects is the anemia. I am always freezing, and also the extreme leg cramps and fatigue.<br>I constantly look for new information on the advances being made with CML besides the Gleevec, but have not seen anything new. If anybody has any information they want to share. Please feel free to send me a e-mail.<br>I Thank God Everyday for the research that caused them to find Gleevec, and pray that anyone on Gleevec will see a good response. It has certainly shed a new light on life with me.<br><br> Susan Armour
Old 05-27-2009, 01:58 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Armour View Post
I was diagnosed in 1998 with CML, and had no match for a bone marrow transplant. At that time I heard about STI-571 being in clinical trial in N.Y. I went back and forth to N.Y. to get my testing and pills until the FDA approved what is now Gleevec. I started Gleevec in Oct. 2000, and was in complete cytogenetic remission in July of 2001 with a dose of 400mg. I still take the 400mg. a day. I think my worst side effects is the anemia. I am always freezing, and also the extreme leg cramps and fatigue.<br>I constantly look for new information on the advances being made with CML besides the Gleevec, but have not seen anything new. If anybody has any information they want to share. Please feel free to send me a e-mail.<br>I Thank God Everyday for the research that caused them to find Gleevec, and pray that anyone on Gleevec will see a good response. It has certainly shed a new light on life with me.<br><br> Susan Armour
hi friends.

Muscle cramp, cold, freezee ... that's all common side effect to anyone who prescribe gleevec. It will give you problems to your stomache also. It produce a lot of gastric gas and lost eating appetide.

Just take my advice:

1. Muscle cramp - take twice a day a sea cucumber extract, normally we have to take double dos from recommended prescription. Don't worry gleevec won't against it. If you have a high blood pressure make sure you monitor your blood pressure. Reduce the dos if the blood pressure keep increase.

2. Freezee.... this is due to anemia i.e low red blood cell. You can buy any Chlorofil drinks from any pharmacy. Chlorofil extract normally produce by 2 type of material. Alfalfa grass and Mulberry leaf. Take which ever you like or effort. Mix 1 large spoon full chlorofil extract into a glass of water (not hot water) and drink twice a day. After 2 weeks go and check your full blood count and the result most of it will be much better. You will getting more sweat.

3. No energy and lost appetide... you can prescribe a garlic pill. take twice a day. you can buy from any pharmacy. Garlic pill can blood more liquid and easily move in the blood vein. This good for our heart and kidney.

Don't worry, i consume gleevec about 3 years and i used the above mention product to overcome the side effect. Whoever consume gleevec cannot stop taking the pill for the rest of life. We have to be positive in whatever we do. I still can work like normal people with full energetic and can manage my strength.

any question please email me to syarih@gmail.com