Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Lantus

Notices

Old 08-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Roy Buxton

Default Lantus Insulin

I started using Lantus on June 18, 2003. My blood sugar readings are very stable. I can skip meals with no effect. I keep the Lantus and Novolog in a two-pen Frio cooler and carry it where ever I go. I am still using the Lantus bottle I that started with on June 18, and it is still working perfectly.<br><br>I am T2, diagnosed in 1986 and used oral medications until March 2003. After after three months on Novolog 70/30 Premix, the Lantus and Novolog was a great change. I have no lows and run about 85-100 unless I misjudge my carbohydrates. I inject 12 units of Lantus at night and from 3 to 6 units of Novolog with meals. I never had such good control. My last a1c was 4.8. I don't think it gets much better than this.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Joe

Default No Subject

I never knew you could brake it up like that I though lantus was a 24hr thing not a 12hr
Old 09-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Nita

Default 2 pokes

I was Dx type 2 in 11/04. I have not seen a BG bellow 154 for a long time.<br>The endrocronologist that I just saw said that I can go up to 50 units but he only wants me to poke me once a day. I am at 25 units now. I could not take the pills cause I had side effect to all that they tried me on. I am so tired of feeling like a lab rat. It has been real icy outside so I am not getting exercise like I should. Does anyone know of some good tire chains for my shoes?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 PM
KW

Default No Subject

For Roy B. How did you get to 4.8. Right now I am 7. and dying to go down.<br><br>What do you eat in the morning, lunch, and supper. Do you work?<br><br>Looks like you are a better manager than the rest of us.<br><br>Thanks for your kindness of sharing.<br><br>KW