Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Lantus

Notices

Old 07-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Ross

Default Lantus side effects?

A comparatively recently diagnosed diabetic (9 months), I've been on Lantus (evening 28-32 units) for about 5 or 6 months. It may be that the more you read, the more you notice, but I think I am noticing a number of 'symptoms' which have appeared since I started on Lantus. Chief among them are bouts of quite nasty depression (which may be a side effect of recent diagnosis, of course)and extreme mood swings (the passionate breakups and makeups are perhaps a symptom of being Celtic, but you never know), but also tingling feet shakiness before meals and a scarily increased heart rate at about 11-12 in the evening. Could there be a link to Lantus? I also notice that Lantus is a lot more painful to inject than any other insulin I use or have used (stinging as the insulin goes in). Anyone else?<br>Thanks<br>Ross
Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Clara

Default Lantus problems

Hello, I read your posting regarding Lantus online at the Internet Drug Database and your story is remarkable in that you sound just like my fiance. He was recently diagnosed and since then, has had horroble shakiness even when his blood-sugar is OK, nausea, moodiness and depression. None of this is like him at all. He has seen all kinds of doctors, but no one seems to come up with anything useful. He is actually pratically bed ridden at this point and he has been tested for everything under the sun. I have wondered for a while that it might be a drug reaction, because these symptoms occured right after he started taking Lantus, but all of his doctors find this obsurd. We are prepared to accept that diabetes is no picnic, but this is ridiculous. It's great to hear that we aren't crazy and I would love to hear more about your experiences, especially when it comes to getting doctors to listen.<br><br>