Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Mobic

Notices

Old 09-01-2003, 05:00 AM
Lori

Default mobic? side effect

Since taking Mobic as a follow up to Naproxen slow release for about three months to relieve severe injury pain and inflammation have experienced very extreme pain and discomfort in the upper area or my stomach (under the breast bone). Have had gastroscopy with no sign of ulcer or scarring to indicate prior presenceof healed ulcer. Test normal. <br>I am on a very bland diet as not sure if food has exacerbrated symptoms and taking pariet as antacid, this might be controlling problem or it may have disappeared? <br>Haven't found source of problem but very wary of recurrence of extensive discomfort and pain that begins up to two hours after eating, hence continued bland diet. Any thoughts or experiences helpful. <br><br>Consequence of these problems is that I will not use any nsaids or anti inflammatory as pain is too intense to bear. I will have to bear joint and shoulder pain as less of two evils. Lots of painkillers may be only option for relief when needed. Hope to hear any ideas or suggestions. <br>thanks<br>Lori
Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 AM
trish

Default Dizziness

I thought that you might like to know that you're not alone. My Mom has had dizziness for about a week now, after being on mobic for 2 weeks. Her usual medication for dizziness has not helped and she was curious about the drug which is why I checked the website and found your note. How are you doing now?<br>Trish
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default glucosamine

Try a glucosamine/chondroitin/msm formula.Even doctors are recomending it.It helps me and others I know.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Duane

Default Pain under breast bone and around

Currently experiencing the same symptoms after taking a similar mobic NSAID for arthritis. I started on mobic and the chemist offered the cheaper (but the same) alternative, as they do. About a week later and I am now experiencing this, started last night and now appeared one hour after taking the NSAID.<br><br>I'm going to stop using it today and see what happens. If the pain goes away I might try some alternative like Arnica instead as I have serious doubts as to the safety of most of these drugs.