Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > NovoLog

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Default novalog, prickly itch -hot

My daughter (13) has just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. she has been put on Novalog with every meal or snack over 5 carbs and lantus before bed. About 15 to 20 minutes after a Novalog injection she visibly flushes and starts to itch all over and gets very hot. It seems to be gettting worse. I have started giving her a zyrtec in the morning before giving her, her shot but by late afternoon she is beginning to complain of the itchy prickly feeling again. I have given her benadryl with her dinner shot which seems to help but when I go in to take her 2am glucose reading she is complaining agian of that itchy prickly hot feeling. <br><br>I've been in contact with our doctors but no one seems to have heard of this happening. Does anyone have any ideas. <br>
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM

Default No Problems Before Novolog

My husband T2 had little pain before He started Novolog. As a T2 his wounds would always heal very fast, and still does. Suddenly He is a mass of body pains, prickely, sunburn, itching, pains that jump from one place to another. I read the insert of novolog and the side effects list neuropathy. I told him that the DR's will tell him that its because of his age all T1 & T2 will get neuropathy. DR did say that to him & one year later he still suffers & will not get off this garbage. I looked today on the insert & it no longer list neuropathy pain as a side effect. Listen to your body!