Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > NovoLog

Notices

Old 09-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Maribeth

Default Novolog allergies

In October I went into DKA. The Dr.s put me on injection. I take 40 units of Lantus in the evening and throughout the day I control my sugars with Novolog. Since February I have developed leg pains and tingling of the skin around my waist. I have had a MRI and been to a nerve Dr. Nobody knows what it is. I need help!!! They have taken me off Lipotor to see if that is the problem. I think it has someting to do with the Novolog. I would appreciate anybody to responce if they have had this kind of sysptom since the Doctors have no idea. Thanks
Old 06-04-2008, 06:46 PM

I was hospitalized for DKA twice last year (once, so severely Docs told my husband I was not going to live another half hour) and I suspect that I have had a few other times I should've been hospitalized for it. Problem #1 is I have no insurance and have four kids, one of which is highly disabled. Problem #2 is that I was put on lantus and novolog and have allergies to them. Every time i take them I put on five-seven pounds a day and get a rash, headache and now a neckache. When I don't take them for two days, all symptoms disappear and I lose all the gained weight. I also am fighting my toes and feet cramping and curling into positions where I cannot straighten them. Not even my husband who is a weight lifter can straighten them out. It is very painful. Now Problem #3 is a combination of the first two. I have to take the insulin because of the DKA and the fact that at the age of 28 I have been through this and have already had atleast one heart attack (possibly several very mild ones), but the insulin is giving me fits, and I don't have the money to get a doctor that knows enough to help me through the situation. Good luck to all that are diagnosed, this is a very hard disease, it not only wears on your physical health, but you emotional health as well.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:34 PM

I am having the exact same symptoms. I also take Lantus and Novolog and I have scheduled an appointment with my doctor. I am sure it is this medicine as I have never had joint pain in my life.