Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Zelnorm

Notices

Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Anne Robertson

Default Acid Reflux

After reading all these comments I don't know what to think. My Gastro. doctor has given me Zelnorm 6mg.&Reglan 5mg.along with zantac for Acid Reflux which causes me to bloat, vomit bile (2lbs. worth once) and just feel awful. I have had IBS/constipation all my life,but this other is worse. The Reglan is to help with the nausea. I am to take it twice a day, 30minutes before my two largest meals, being breakfast and dinner at night. I have only had one at this time. If this does not work then plan B is to have the Reglan made in a suppository form and insert 30 minutes before my evening meal and I guess morning too.Fun, Huh! I was given a test and ate some necular eggs and was filmed for one hour and 30 minutes and my food had not moved out of my stomach, so this drug can be used for several things. Although my insurance would not pay without the IBS/Constipation diagnosis. Hopefully it will clear up all my problems. I just want it to work yesterday!! Anyone with any ideas for me. I do have to exercise and watch what I eat. I am 57 years of age and take other drugs that does not help with the constipation problem.