Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Keppra

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 10:58 PM

Default KEPPRA and suicidal thoughts

Hey
i have been on keppra for 2 weeks now. I am due to double my dosage as of tomorrow up to 1500.
Im so worried to do this as over the past week I have been experiencing terrifying suicidal thoughts and severe depression.
Its been 9 months since I was diagnosed with Epilepsy, and due to incompetent doctors I have spent a lot of time in hospital due to been put AND kept on meds that I was allergic to, thus, this caused liver damage etc.
I am not confident in my doctors at all now.
I am scared as these thoughts are getting so strong, i iy and cry all day. I have a 2 year old daughter to look after and im terrified that by doing as im told and increasing my dose, that im going to become more depressed than i am now.. and see no way out.
any advice?
thankyou
Old 07-27-2012, 09:25 PM

Talking Hi Shelby 123

I currently have been on Keppra 1000 mg 2 x per day. I'm also taking mega b vitamins and B12 injection 1 x per month. Near the end of the month I start to drag but have not had a seizure in almost 7 months.

At first it made me feel really weird, suicidal, pissed off at the world and that no one understood. I also felt that people were looking at me waiting for me to, what I call do the horizontal flop.

Trust me, it does get better. Other than the fatigue, I hardly notice the meds at all.

From time to time I still get what they call Kepp-rage... Not too often...

All will be well.... Sandy
Old 08-04-2012, 07:36 AM

Hi Shelby 123...
I have been on Keppra for about 7 months. While the brand name is kinder to my body than the generic, it still has it's drawbacks; there is always a pro and con.
I also have those thoughts a lot, and being a single parent isn't easy. My best advice? Keep a diary (of your health/medicine), and pay attention to (and know) your body. Vitamin supplements can help, but those are only one aspect. Hormones also play part, so keep that in mind. Lastly, keep your children on your mind, and remember that they are an incentive to keep going!