Prescription Drug Discussion Forums  

Go Back   Prescription Drug Discussion Forums > Medication Discussions > Specific Drug Discussions > Protonix

Notices

Old 09-27-2003, 05:00 AM
Gin

Default protinix

I had problems with my stomach for a year now.I have been on Zantac and Prolisec,had an ipper G.I.I was diagnosed with G.E.R.D.and H.Pylori.I have taken two rounds of antibiotics,nothing had helped.So I went back to the Doc..She said that I now have irritable bowel syndrone.She prescribed Protinix,Buspar,and Lexapro.She thinks that I also have a nervous stomach.I also feel lightheaded so I am on Meclazine,of which I don't take much.It is an as needed drug.I haven't taken the Buspar,but I have taken the Lexapro.So here's my problem that I hope some one can help me with!I now have taken Lexapro and Protinix(works great)and are having trouble sleeping,waking up with fast heart beat.sweating,feeling like I am going to die,nervousness,can't eat very much at one time.I can't stop taking the protinix because my stomach feels like it is pushing everything upwards into my chest.So should I stop taken these drugs or continue for a couple more weeks.I really need help here,I am scared.P.S I also forgot to mention that Doc.also prescribed Levsin,But with these problems I am afraid to take it.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

I have also had some rapid heart beat.Its not worth it.I would rather deal with the gerd then being nervous.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:00 AM
Amy

Default No Subject

I began taking Protonix two weeks ago, and I feel worse than ever. I have similar symptoms: can't sleep, nervousness, can't eat much at all, nausea, and feeling tired all the time. I was really scared that there was something seriously wrong with me. Now I think it is the Protonix. Thanks for your comment! I'm glad that I am not the only one experiencing problems with the medication. I will no longer take it!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:00 AM
Beth

Default No Subject

I have also experienced nervousness, trembling, and growing anxiety since starting Protonix, but I don't know if it's the Protonix or my other meds for depression. Does anyone know if Protonix could be adding to the side effects or if it may be the cause?? I know the other meds can cause the tremor, but if it's a side effect of Protonix, I'll pay the extra to get back on Nexium, which worked well for me.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 AM
Joe

Default Protonix

Amy; I have been taking Protonix for almost 1 month. I too felt nervousness, headaches, can't eat much at all, nausea, feeling tired all the time, and having some chest discomfort. I am still on the medication. I would like to know if the side effects stopped and how long it took after stopping your medication. You're reply would help me. Thank you.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Lori

Default No Subject

I am 43 years old. When I first started taking protonix I started having panic attacks and this really freaked me out so now I don't drive on the interstate for fear I may crash my car and this really sucks. Told my doctor it was due to the protonix and she sent me to a therapist. Still to this day I know it was from the drugs. Its about a year and a half later and I am on Buspar for the panic attacks which I don't have anymore until I switched and tried Prevacid. After taking it for 4 days I woke up in the middle of the night with a rapid heartbeat and sweating (which felt just like my panic attacks). So I think that this goes to show that these pills do cause really weird side effects. My doctor has just put me on (2) protonix pills a day because my reflux is back with a vengence. I will let you know how 2 work.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Default No Subject

Had some anxiety from time to time prior to starting protonix for gerd. After my first week on Protonix, began to have panic attacks each day. Have since been put on paxil for the anxiety which is working well. Protonix has helped some but still dont have complete relief from the chest pains.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:00 AM
anonymous

Default No Subject

i also have h pylori. flagyl and metamucil help some
RN for 23 yrs.

Default Irritable Bowel

Levsin is one of the best things you can take for relief of the cramping symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Also excellent is Bentyl.<br>Don't be afraid to try it. A dry maouth is the only side effect I ever had, and I have multiple drug allergies. If any serious concerns, feel free to call and speak with your Pharmacist. That is the best possible resource if questions about drugs.<br>Hope my comments are helpful.<br>-RN for 23 years.
Unregistered

Default No Subject

It's the lexapro, not the protonix